[KDevelop feedback] start page is blank with 64 bit windows version

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Jul 11 10:23:54 BST 2017

On Tuesday, 11 July 2017 06:30:31 CEST KDevelop wrote:
> Zero Li (not verified) (zeroliql at gmail.com) sent a message using the contact
> form at https://www.kdevelop.org/contact/kdevelop_feedback.
>
> Message
>                  Firstly thanks for great work to port kdevelop to Windows
> OS. I currently downloaded the 64 bit windows portable
> version(https://kfunk.blaucloud.de/index.php/s/5k71T8kSrpfRQ7c/download?path
> =%2FKDevelop&files=kdevelop-5.1.0-x64-portable.7z), and then unzip to one
> folder.
> After I fixed the openggl driver issue, the kdevelop starts, while the main
> page is totally blank. I cannot see anything.

Heya,

could you post a screenshot of the issue?

Did you try running KDevelop with the welcome page plugin disabled (the one
requiring OpenGL?). You can do that by setting an environment variable. I.e,
in a terminal, do:
  set KDEV_DISABLE_WELCOMEPAGE=1
  "C:\Program Files\KDevelop\bin\kdevelop.exe"

> How can I fix this issue? I have no permission to install the windows
> installer for kdevelop, since it is my work laptop.

Please report back.

Thanks,
Kevin