How to turn off all animations?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Feb 14 08:23:05 GMT 2017

On Monday, 30 January 2017 21:22:01 CET Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> I turned off all animations in KDE, but 2 animations which do some
> discomfort still exist in KDevelop:
>
> 1. when I type number in 'Go to line' textbox (Ctrl + G), they appear
> to type with some "dissolve" effect. I don't know whether it is some
> performance bug or kind of weird feature, but it is irritating. In
> other text boxes (f.ex. Search) the text is typed as expected
> normally.
>
> 2. when I expand/collapse branches in tree views (Projects, Documents,
> Filesystem), it slides down/up. Strangely enough, first time they
> expanded without animation. Then collapsed and expanded with animation
> (applies to each node).

We don't do anything special in those widgets as far as I can see. E.g. we
don't specifically enabled animations in those widgets. So this likely is
either a KDE/Qt issue.

I have to say: I have no idea whether those animations can be controlled
globally on a KDE/Qt level at all.

Might want to ask on a different mailing list (KDE or Qt one) for this.

Regards,
Kevin