KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:52:10 GMT 2017

On Tuesday December 12 2017 11:50:38 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

>> That'd be the ultimate test, but I'm also not seeing similar sizes
>> with other projects like KDevelop and QtWebKit.
>...and the analysis I posted yesterday shows why; KWIVER has an
>unusually high ratio of related statements, and a LOT of targets; more

That's not the reason why you get larger values for those projects than I do.

>Yep, that's about the right order of magnitude :-)... probably your
>paths are about 40% longer than mine, accounting for it being larger for
>you.

60 bytes in this case.

>subsequent runs. (I'm also using Ninja; with Makefiles, it jumps to
>about 2.4s.)

I'm using Makefiles, on a lowly 1.6Ghz  N3150 CPU and a ZFS filesystem. Add some overhead from KDevelop and that probably explains the difference.

>What enormous files are being written to disk? My build.ninja is only
>637 KiB...

My test-project/build directory is 49Mb and that's with lz4 compression. This is concentrated in the CMakeFiles directories which has 1 .dir folder per target (and I'm a bit at a loss determining whether the compression doesn't actually increase the effective size here).

Anyway, that's all a different issue from the original one.

R.