KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:48:57 GMT 2017

On Monday December 11 2017 11:51:34 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

>model. (This is probably because the size of compile_commands.json
>chiefly reflects the number of *source* files in a project, while the
>size of the code model chiefly reflects the number of *targets*. KWIVER

Yes, compile_commands is chiefly a list of files with their corresponding directories, plus the compiler arguments. Those arguments can represent a considerable amount of text with cmake (and KF5 build systems), and evidently the size depends scales with the string length of the path to the build directory (quite long in my case).
I've never really looked what kind of information KDevelop gets from the cmake server, but a priori I think it also needs the compiler arguments (to hand off to the clang parser).

R.