KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:26:16 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-11 11:51, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> This is... curious...
>
> In KDevelop, I am getting back a code model (for KWIVER) that is
> 108572484 bytes (about 103 MiB). However, if I write out the same
> commands to a text file and feed it to CMake via an input file, I am
> getting back a total session of only 198885 bytes (less than 200 KiB,
> about 67 KiB of which is progress reporting from configuring and
> generating the project).

Sigh... never mind. For some reason, if I pipe the output straight to
`wc` (which is how I was measuring), it just quits after 198885 bytes.
If I redirect to a file instead, I'm getting the same sizes as KDevelop
(104 MiB and 3.6 MiB with 3.10 and master, respectively).

Repeating the experiment with some other projects, I get:

              3.10     master
KDevelop:   4.6 MiB   2.9 MiB
QtWebKit:   869 KiB   696 KiB
VTK:         13 MiB   4.8 MiB

This does suggest there is something a bit pathological about KWIVER
w.r.t. backtraces...

--
Matthew