[Website feedback] manual worthless

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Apr 10 08:06:34 BST 2017

On Monday, 10 April 2017 02:17:57 CEST KDevelop wrote:
> les nelson (not verified) (les at nelson.vg) sent a message using the contact
> form at https://www.kdevelop.org/contact.
>
> Message
>                  The Kdevelop manual tells nothing.  Trying to see how to
> set up
> project from scratch, so I look in the section that says "Create Project
> from Scratch." After clicking to start the project, just get a solid gray
> screen. Where's the text editor? How do I add files to the project??
> Nothing! They just go on to show code in the next chapter. It's too bad the
> author took the lazy way out, and skipped all that information. Wanted to
> convert from pure GNU command-line project to IDE with good navigation
> features. But this not credible.

Maybe you want to have a look at:
  https://userbase.kde.org/KDevelop4/Manual/
Getting_started:_A_small_CMake_tutorial

You'll also need to tell us more about a) where you installed KDevelop from,
b) which version it is. Otherwise we can't really help.

And there's no need to be upset either. We're doing all this (the KDevelop
IDE) in our spare time.

Regards,
Kevin