KDEV 5.0.1 line spacing question

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Sep 21 11:01:40 BST 2016

Thank you, Rene.

I do not understand much in the themes, but tried to install the QtCurve theme
you mentioned.
In the "System Settings->Workspace Theme->Desktop Theme" I wasn't able to find
one with this name, but several others which claim to be based on it:
QtCurve-Hardy
Geek
QtCurve-Luna
I asked to install all of these, but only the first I was able to find in the
"list" of installed.
Anyway, I tried tochange to it, but it didn't influence the kdevelop outlook
at all. All was changed was the task bar outlook.

Thank you for your willing to help.
BR

On Tuesday 20 September 2016 15:46:55 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday September 20 2016 12:49:54 Leon Pollak wrote:
>
> >Are there some options/parameters regulating this or is this hardwired?
>
> KF5 is much more spacey than KDE4 in general, for the Oxygen and Breeze
styles that was apparently by user request (and hardwired). I still run
KDevelop 4 and 5 side-by-side quite regularly and haven't noticed any obvious
differences in the number of visible lines as long as both versions use the
same (compact) QtCurve theme. In fact, there is no difference at all in the
project manager; same number of lines, and the alternating colour background
is perfectly aligned as well. I took a screenshot if you want, it's a bit
large to post to the list.

--
Leon