Multiple project for multiple host OS for a single source folder

Alexis Murzeau amubtdx at outlook.fr
Fri Nov 11 22:03:15 GMT 2016

Hi,

I have an application source code that use CMake on a partition shared between Windows and Linux on the same computer (Linux and Windows being in dual boot).

How can I use Kdevelop on this project while on Linux and also on Windows ?

With qtcreator, I used to use 2 subfolders as qtcreator store the project settings in a CMakeLists.txt.user file.
The layout is like this:
application\
- src\
- CMakeLists.txt
- project-linux\
  - CMakeLists.txt
  - CMakeLists.txt.user
- project-windows\
  - CMakeLists.txt
  - CMakeLists.txt.user

The CMakeLists.txt in project-* folder are just including the one in the root dir (using include(../CMakeLists.txt)).

So when on linux, I use the project-linux folder and on windows the project-windows folder. QtCreator shows the whole project like this in its project view:
application\   <- the project name based on project() CMake directive
- CMakeLists.txt   <- this is the one including the ../CMakeLists.txt
- ..\
  - CMakeLists.txt
  - src\
    - ...

On kdevelop, when I do that so .kdev folder and files are kept separated between linux and windows, I don't have the parent directory in the project folder view, but only this:
- project-windows\
  - CMakeLists.txt

Is there actually a way to handle multiple OS with a common source dir without using separate source directories ?

Thanks,
Alexis Murzeau