Well Kdevelop and Kdevplatform 4.90.92 build on cygwin.

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed May 18 09:53:53 BST 2016

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 4:13:13 PM CEST Michael George Hart wrote:

Disclaimer: Please don't post to *both* kdevelop at kdevelop.org &
kdevelop at kde.org -- this will generate two different mails. Just use
kdevelop at kde.org.

> Kevin 4.90.92 build with very little effort on my part but running it there
> is a problem
>
> After commenting out “KCrash::initialize()”, the only build error kdevelop
> build and install.
> [ 36%] Building CXX object
> projectbuilders/ninjabuilder/CMakeFiles/kdevninja.dir/kdevninjabuilderplugin
> .cpp.o /kdevelop-5/4.90.92/kdevelop-4.90.92/app/main.cpp: In function ‘int
> main(int, char**)’:
> kdevelop-5/4.90.92/kdevelop-4.90.92/app/main.cpp:380:5: error: ‘initialize’
> is not a member of ‘KCrash’
>      KCrash::initialize();
>      ^

Okay, see the other mail about this particular issue.

> app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/build.make:69: recipe for target
> 'app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.cpp.o' failed
> make[2]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1126: recipe for target
> 'app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/all] Error 2
>
> Unfortunately proceeding to run it stopped at the 10% splash screen,
> showing on the command line
> $ kdevelop
> Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/66-google-noto-nastaliq-urdu.conf",
> line 35: mismatched tag
> QXcbShmImage: shmget() failed (88) for size 179960 (409x110)

Phew, no idea about this one.

Can you try to get a backtrace? And check where the program hangs?

See:
  https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/gdb.html

> So although build and installing kdevelop 5 was less effort on my part
> running it I basically go nowhere compared with building and installing
> kdevelop 4.7.3
> With kdevelop 4.7.3, with the intrusive modification of build files (see
> above) I was able to run it without incident. It issues was important menu
> items were missing; eg the entire ability to create an initial project. It
> did look like I could open an existing project but I didn’t test it
>
> So my next step  is concerned in where I invest my time;
> Hopefully someone will know a simple fix to get beyond splash screen
> displaying 10% in the upper right corner after starting Kdevelop 4.90.92
> If not I will return to back to kdevelop 4.7.3 which at least started and
> seem to work without issues just missing some import menu items

> I would rather go the kdevelop 5 route; so hopefully someone has a simple
> solution to my issue in running it

Please try to get KDevelop 5 working, that'd be appreciated!

Cheers,
Kevin