Kdevelop and kdevplatform cmake concerns

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed May 18 09:46:52 BST 2016

Disclaimer: Please don't post to *both* kdevelop at kdevelop.org &
kdevelop at kde.org -- this will generate two different mails. Just use
kdevelop at kde.org.

> Could someone tell me if the following should be of concern

Look at the feature summary to be sure you have all the dependencies you need
('packages have been found', 'packages have not been found').

> Especially the policy messages gotten trying to build kdevelop-5

No, they're not that important to you.

> [...]
> (found version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5JobWidgets:
> /usr/lib/cmake/KF5JobWidgets/KF5JobWidgetsConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5KCMUtils: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5KCMUtils/KF5KCMUtilsConfig.cmake
> (found version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5KIO: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5NewStuff: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5NewStuff/KF5NewStuffConfig.cmake
> (found version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5NotifyConfig:
> /usr/lib/cmake/KF5NotifyConfig/KF5NotifyConfigConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5Parts: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Parts/KF5PartsConfig.cmake (found
> version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5Service: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Service/KF5ServiceConfig.cmake
> (found version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5TextEditor:
> /usr/lib/cmake/KF5TextEditor/KF5TextEditorConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5ThreadWeaver:
> /usr/lib/cmake/KF5ThreadWeaver/KF5ThreadWeaverConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5XmlGui: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5XmlGui/KF5XmlGuiConfig.cmake (found
> version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5WindowSystem:
> /usr/lib/cmake/KF5WindowSystem/KF5WindowSystemConfig.cmake (found version
> "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5Crash: /usr/lib/cmake/KF5Crash/KF5CrashConfig.cmake (found
> version "5.12.0")
> -- Found KF5: success (found suitable version "5.12.0", minimum required is
> "5.4.0") found components:  Config Declarative
> DocTo
> ols IconThemes I18n ItemModels ItemViews JobWidgets KCMUtils KIO NewStuff
> NotifyConfig Parts Service TextEditor ThreadWeaver
> Xml
> Gui WindowSystem Crash
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:60 (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindKDevelop-PG-Qt.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
>   project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
>   "KDevelop-PG-Qt", but CMake did not find one.
>
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KDevelop-PG-Qt"
>   (requested version 1.90.90) with any of the following names:
>
>     KDevelop-PG-QtConfig.cmake
>     kdevelop-pg-qt-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "KDevelop-PG-Qt" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
> set
>   "KDevelop-PG-Qt_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
> "KDevelop-PG-Qt" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
>   has been installed.
>

> -- Found SharedMimeInfo: /usr/bin/update-mime-database.exe (found version
> "1.6")
> -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR
> -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR - Success
> llvm-config: error: components given, but unused

This looks problematic, you might want to debug this a bit more (which run of
llvm-config fails...?)

> [...]
> * LLVM (required version >= 3.5)
> * Qt5Help , <http://qt-project.org/>
>    The Help module for the Qt toolkit, needed for the qthelp plugin
> -- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:
>
> * Qt5Core (required version >= 5.5.1)
> * Qt5Gui (required version >= 5.5.1)
> * Qt5Widgets
> * Qt5Concurrent
> * Qt5Network (required version >= 5.5.1)
> * Qt5Qml (required version >= 5.5.1)
> * Qt5Quick
> * Qt5QuickWidgets
> * Qt5WebKit (required version >= 5.5.1)
> * Qt5WebKitWidgets
> * Qt5Script
> * Qt5Test
> * Qt5 (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5Config (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5Declarative (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5DocTools (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5IconThemes (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * Gettext
> * PythonInterp
> * KF5I18n (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5ItemModels (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5ItemViews (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5JobWidgets (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5KCMUtils (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5KIO (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5NewStuff (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5NotifyConfig (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5Service (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5Parts (required version >= 5.12.0)
> * KF5TextEditor (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5ThreadWeaver (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5XmlGui (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5WindowSystem (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5Crash (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KF5 (required version >= 5.4.0)
> * KDevPlatform (required version >= 4.90.92)
> * ECM (required version >= 0.0.9)
> * SharedMimeInfo , A database of common MIME types , <
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info/>
> * Clang (required version >= 3.5)
>    Clang libraries. Used for KDevelop's C++/C support plugin. Please
> install a package providing libclang.
>
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:
>
> * KDevelop-PG-Qt (required version >= 1.90.90)
>    KDevelop parser generator library. Required for the QMake
> Builder/Manager plugin.
> * KF5SysGuard
> * OktetaKastenControllers (required version >= 0.3.1) , <http://kde.org/>
>    Required for building Okteta KDevelop plugin.
>
> -- Configuring done
> CMake Warning (dev) at app/CMakeLists.txt:43 (add_executable):
>   Policy CMP0063 is not set: Honor visibility properties for all target
>   types.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0063" for policy details.  Use the
>   cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
>
>   Target "kdevelop" of type "EXECUTABLE" has the following visibility
>   properties set for CXX:
>
>     CXX_VISIBILITY_PRESET
>     VISIBILITY_INLINES_HIDDEN
>
>   For compatibility CMake is not honoring them for this target.
> This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Disregard that warning, not important.