Well Kdevelop and Kdevplatform 4.90.92 build on cygwin.

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:13:13 BST 2016

Kevin 4.90.92 build with very little effort on my part but running it there
is a problem

After commenting out “KCrash::initialize()”, the only build error kdevelop
build and install.
[ 36%] Building CXX object
projectbuilders/ninjabuilder/CMakeFiles/kdevninja.dir/kdevninjabuilderplugin.cpp.o
/kdevelop-5/4.90.92/kdevelop-4.90.92/app/main.cpp: In function ‘int
main(int, char**)’:
kdevelop-5/4.90.92/kdevelop-4.90.92/app/main.cpp:380:5: error: ‘initialize’
is not a member of ‘KCrash’
     KCrash::initialize();
     ^
app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/build.make:69: recipe for target
'app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1126: recipe for target
'app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [app/CMakeFiles/kdevelop.dir/all] Error 2

Unfortunately proceeding to run it stopped at the 10% splash screen,
showing on the command line
$ kdevelop
Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/66-google-noto-nastaliq-urdu.conf",
line 35: mismatched tag
QXcbShmImage: shmget() failed (88) for size 179960 (409x110)

So although build and installing kdevelop 5 was less effort on my part
running it I basically go nowhere compared with building and installing
kdevelop 4.7.3
With kdevelop 4.7.3, with the intrusive modification of build files (see
above) I was able to run it without incident. It issues was important menu
items were missing; eg the entire ability to create an initial project. It
did look like I could open an existing project but I didn’t test it

So my next step  is concerned in where I invest my time;
Hopefully someone will know a simple fix to get beyond splash screen
displaying 10% in the upper right corner after starting Kdevelop 4.90.92
If not I will return to back to kdevelop 4.7.3 which at least started and
seem to work without issues just missing some import menu items

I would rather go the kdevelop 5 route; so hopefully someone has a simple
solution to my issue in running it
Thanks
Michael

FYI
How I was able to build Kdevelop 4.7.3 under Cygwin
In all cases use
    cmake -D__KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY=NO  ../

Kdevplatform:
EDIT the file     Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h
Add the following lines after the #includes
     extern "C" int gettimeofday(struct timeval *tv, struct timezone *tz);

    #define timersub(tvp, uvp, vvp)
\
        do {                                                            \
                (vvp)->tv_sec = (tvp)->tv_sec - (uvp)->tv_sec;          \
                (vvp)->tv_usec = (tvp)->tv_usec - (uvp)->tv_usec;       \
                if ((vvp)->tv_usec < 0) {                               \
                        (vvp)->tv_sec--;                                \
                        (vvp)->tv_usec += 1000000;                      \
                }                                                       \
        } while (0)

To file /usr/include/kde4/qtest_kde.h add the following two lines
extern "C" int setenv(const char *name, const char *value, int overwrite);
extern "C" int unsetenv(const char *name);

DO THE BUILD for kdevelop and you will get some errors. The cause of my
errors
Can be found in the file
Documents/kdevelop/kdevelop-4.7.3/build/kdeintegration/kdeprovider/kdevkdeprovider_automoc.cpp
It has multiple entries for "moc_kdeprojectsmodel.cpp"
eg.
#include "moc_kdeproviderwidget.cpp"
#include "moc_kdeprojectsmodel.cpp"
#include "moc_kdeproviderplugin.cpp"
#include "moc_kdeprojectsreader.cpp"
#include "moc_kdeprojectsmodel.cpp"

So not to get too smart, my solution was to edit "moc_kdeprojectsmodel.cpp"
and place  code within

#ifndef MEMEME
#define MEMEME

#endif

Rerun the make (not cmake) and kdevelop will build and install