"Build" command in a project's subdirectory (CMake project)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun May 15 10:25:22 BST 2016

On Sunday May 15 2016 10:46:14 Aleix Pol wrote:

>Yes, we dropped the CMake parser, that's what we get.

Not necessarily I think: there's still the possibility to change into the selected directory and issue the make command in there. AFAICT that's how it was implemented before. A feature that could be provided only when using Unix Makefiles, or rather, disabled for directories not containing a Makefile and projects not using make.

With a few pointers where to start I'd be more than willing to give this a try, because I miss the feature enough to spend some time on it.
As I said, displaying the list of targets, figuring out which to build (try that for an autoconf-based project ...) and building just that is indeed a possibility, but too often too cumbersome. For me that sort of feature is exactly one of the reasons to use a full-blown IDE.

R.