Latest version of cygwin; Building kdevelop 4.7.x

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:10:17 BST 2016

I have gotten the latest version of cygwin and been attempting to build the
latest version of kdevelop 4.7.x

I managed to figure that the following get me pretty far, the 53% build
marker for
KDevPlatform:

     cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/kdevelop4
-D__KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY=NO ../
     make

Has anyone successfully build kdevelop 4.7.x under cygwin; I have the
latest download of cygwin with gcc 5.3

I get the following compile errors that would indicate that the cygwin is
neither POSIX or BSD, (which seems strange since I am able to run a number
of KDE application under cygwin X KDE windows openbox)

gettimeofday, timersub (see http://linux.die.net/man/3/timersub).

Setting -fpermissive does not stop the error as implied by the generated
error message above

The multiple parameter version of setenv does not seem to be availability
under cygwin
int setenv(const char *name, const char *value, int overwrite);

As the setenv documentation says
"_POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L
               || /* Glibc versions <= 2.19: */ _BSD_SOURCE"
(See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/setenv.3.html)

My work environment limits me to what I can do on the windows; no admin
rights. However  we are allowed to install the latest version of cygwin,
which happens to have gcc 5.3 compiler and install or build from source
what ever we happen to be able to down from zip, tar files etc.

I really would like to continue working in a Linux like environment

Thanks for listening and any help that maybe available
Michael

/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:70:43:
error: there are no arguments to ‘gettimeofday’ that depend on a template
parameter, so a declaration of ‘gettimeofday’ must be available
[-fpermissive]
                 gettimeofday(&startTime, 0);
                                           ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:70:43:
note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing
the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:75:49:
error: there are no arguments to ‘gettimeofday’ that depend on a template
parameter, so a declaration of ‘gettimeofday’ must be available
[-fpermissive]
                     gettimeofday(&currentTime, 0);
                                                 ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:77:63:
error: there are no arguments to ‘timersub’ that depend on a template
parameter, so a declaration of ‘timersub’ must be available [-fpermissive]
                     timersub(&currentTime, &startTime, &waited);
                                                               ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h: In
instantiation of ‘KDevelop::SpinLock<mSleep,
mTimeout>::SpinLock(KDevelop::SpinLockData&) [with unsigned int mSleep =
10u; int mTimeout = 0]’:
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/language/duchain/referencecounting.h:63:36:
required from here
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:70:29:
error: ‘gettimeofday’ was not declared in this scope
                 gettimeofday(&startTime, 0);
                             ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:75:33:
error: ‘gettimeofday’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations
were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation
[-fpermissive]
                     gettimeofday(&currentTime, 0);
                                 ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:70:29:
note: ‘gettimeofday’ declared here, later in the translation unit
                 gettimeofday(&startTime, 0);
                             ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/util/spinlock.h:77:29:
error: ‘timersub’ was not declared in this scope
                     timersub(&currentTime, &startTime, &waited);

/usr/include/kde4/qtest_kde.h:73:28: error: ‘setenv’ was not declared in
this scope
     setenv("LC_ALL", "C", 1); \
                            ^
/usr/include/kde4/qtest_kde.h:106:42: note: in expansion of macro
‘QTEST_KDEMAIN_WITH_COMPONENTNAME’
#define QTEST_KDEMAIN(TestObject, flags)
QTEST_KDEMAIN_WITH_COMPONENTNAME(TestObject, flags, "qttest")
                                          ^
/home/u43/Documents/kdevelop/kdevplatform-1.7.3/sublime/tests/areaoperationtest.cpp:728:1:
note: in expansion of macro ‘QTEST_KDEMAIN’
QTEST_KDEMAIN(AreaOperationTest, GUI)
^
/usr/include/kde4/qtest_kde.h:79:31: error: ‘unsetenv’ was not declared in
this scope
     unsetenv("KDE_COLOR_DEBUG"); \