F2 and "Rename..." action

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun May 1 10:58:01 BST 2016

On Sunday, May 1, 2016 10:39:31 AM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using F2 for a KWin action of my own on my KDE4 desktop, but somehow
> KDevelop5 catches the keystroke after it's been handled by KWin, and
> presents a "Rename..." dialog when an item is selected in the Project
> manager.
>
> I don't need a shortcut for that particular action, so would prefer to
> disable/redefine it. I just cannot find it in KDevelop's shortcut
> definitions nor in ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc. Where is it set?

% ack "Key_F2" -A 1
plugins/projectmanagerview/projectmanagerview.cpp
152:            } else if (keyEvent->key() == Qt::Key_F2 && keyEvent-
>modifiers() == Qt::NoModifier) {
153-                m_plugin->renameItems(selectedItems());

... which is inside ProjectManagerView::eventFilter.

It is hard-coded (bad), please file a bug or patch.

Cheers,
Kevin