Compiling KDevelop5 for newbies, where?

Arthur Gruzauskas arthur at gruz.net
Wed Mar 30 14:09:43 BST 2016

There used to be a page devoted to compiling KDevelop5 at
https://techbase.kde.org/KDevelop5/HowToCompile

It included an approach that seemed to compile the whole of KDE Plasma 5 to
get our beloved KDevelop v5.

And a little annotation at the bottom showed my still working method of
compiling just KDevelop5 for Debian based distributions like Debian & Ubuntu.

It's all gone, just an unuseful stub left.

I looked around, but I can't see any accessible page for compiling the current
v5 version anywhere.

I've been using KDevelop since v2 or so, and so I am somewhat familiar with
it.  I strongly suspect I may be stupid, but perhaps it is even harder for
others even less familiar than myself.

I feel that to get newbies interested, and grow our community, you need to
have a way of getting them to actually access this wonderful tool.

https://www.kdevelop.org/ is the main site, and I cannot find a link from there
to actually use v5 anymore.

Is there a page which shows how to compile KDevelop V5 anywhere obvious?

I fully accept that my method may have been poor, but i see the need for a
compilation page as essential for wider acceptance.

Arthur, who may be very blind to something obvious