Kdevelop modifies files - even excluded files!

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:07:18 GMT 2016

On Wednesday March 02 2016 10:30:10 Sven Brauch wrote:
>On 02/03/16 09:15, Erik Rull wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I don't find a way to switch somehow this project setting, when
>> opening it I can just select my existing kdev4 file or the makefile.
>Just select the folder, not the makefile or .kdev4 file. The next page
>asks you about the project manager.

AFAIK you cannot (easily) change the type of an existing project. It's best to recreate a new project, and it'll probably help if you remove (or move aside) the existing foo.kdev4 file and the .kdev4 folder.

How complex is your project, how many "tweaks" do you have in the Makefile? In my experience KDevelop works best with cmake-based projects, and creating a CMakeLists.txt file isn't necessarily very complicated if your project uses a single Makefile to begin with. You might even consider to use cmake only to define the layout of the project, and then configure the settings in the project's Make property sheet such that make is invoked with your own Makefile. You just have to make sure that the bogus cmake build directory doesn't coincide with the one that contains your own Makefile.

R.