Kdevelop modifies files - even excluded files!

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:49:09 GMT 2016

On Tuesday March 01 2016 16:23:51 Milian Wolff wrote:

> > Kdevelop 4.6.0 on KDE 4.13.3 (available via Kubuntu 14.04)
>
> This is extremely old. I urge you to update to the latest KDevelop 4.7.x
> before doing anything else. Potentially this issue is resolved there already.
>

> > Errr - I didn't want to recompile it...
>
> Well, if you want to help fixing it, then this is is the only way.

On KUbuntu 14.04 you can try if it is enough to add just my KDevelop PPA:

%> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rjvbertin/kdevelop
%> sudo apt-get update
%> sudo apt-get upgrade

(cf.https://launchpad.net/~rjvbertin/+archive/ubuntu/kdevelop)

it contains a relatively recent KDevelop 4.7 build that uses that same packaging as KUbuntu uses for 4.6 .

If ever you get errors because of missing dependencies you can go back with
%> sudo ppa-purge ppa:rjvbertin/kdevelop

R.