Kdevelop modifies files - even excluded files!

Erik Rull erik.rull at rdsoftware.de
Tue Mar 1 08:19:30 GMT 2016

Hi all,

this seems to be a bug:

My project is up to date and make tells me that there is nothing todo.
Then I start kdevelop and let the background parser do his work.
Then I just call make on the command line and get errors because files are
changed and now corrupted that should not be changed.
I have some more or less ancient .d files that tell make further dependencies on
what to do and they get modified by kdevelop!

Why? And how can I stop that?
The modification is really bad, the file gets corrupted and causes recompiles at
positions that were actually not really modified by me. Even worse: The files
are corrupted in a way that the compiler stops with an error!

Example of a "good" file before kdevelop was started:
common/ArgumentList.o common/ArgumentList.d : common/ArgumentList.cpp
common/ArgumentList.h \
 common/STL.h common/Tools.h common/Thread.h common/Time.h common/Log.h \
 common/XWare.h

And after the modification:
common/ArgumentList.o common/ArgumentList.d : common/ArgumentList.cpp
common/ArgumentList.h \
 common/STL.h common/Tools.h common/Thread.h common/Time.h common/Log.h \
 common/XWare.h
ommon/Log.h \
 common/XWare.h

Please let me know how to stop that. Kdevelop 3.5 never showed that issue.

When kdevelop is running and I cleaned up the bad files and recreated them then
everything is fine until the next kdevelop (re-)start.
I explicitly excluded *.d in the Kdevelop project pattern configuration.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik