CMake projects & "Show Targets"

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jul 5 00:11:48 BST 2016

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The cmake project manager apparently no longer supports chdir'ing to a project subdirectory to build only that part of the project, so it's important that the target list is shown reliably. Yet that is not the case for me. I have projects where the targets are shown (though no longer "expandable" to show the files they depend on), and projects where the "Show Targets" button doesn't do anything. I think that's even the case with most projects I have.
>
> Are there conditions to be met for the list of targets to be known and/or shown? Does one need to create the project in KDevelop for instance (= run the initial cmake in a clean build directory from within KDevelop)?

We're basically fetching the targets from
<builddir>/CMakeFiles/TargetDirectories.txt.

We don't have information about what's in the target nowadays (I've
tried to make cmake offer it, and they took a very complex turn which
didn't result in much).

Help is welcome, as it is it won't get more features.

Aleix