about the background parser

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:39:20 GMT 2016

Hello,

A quick question about the background parser.
>From what I understand, deselecting Settings/Projects/"Schedule all project files for parsing" has the effect that only project the files you actually work with and the headers they include are parsed.
Yet when I apply hfsCompression on the directory holding a project that's currently open (this involves rewriting files that aren't yet compressed) I notice that the project is reloaded and a whole series of files are being parsed, even when I have no files open.

Does that mean the background parser monitors files that have been parsed once, and will parse them again if they are marked as changed?

Cheers,
R.