~/.cache/kdevduchain size

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Mon Jan 4 13:17:38 GMT 2016

On 04/01/16 14:06, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Can subdirectories in kdevduchain be removed without loosing any
> session/project settings
Yes. You can remove the whole .cache/kdevduchain and nothing will
happen. Just don't do it while kdevelop is running, or it will likely crash.

> Is there an easy way to
> determine (from a cache directory) whether or not the corresponding
> session is open?
*grin*
echo $(pwd) |grep $(kdevelop -l |grep running |awk -F'{' '{print $2}'
|awk -F'}' '{print $1}')

> Are there libraries which implement features similar to HFS
> compression in user space, i.e. an option to compress files (e.g.
> during KDevelop's shutdown phase) and decompress them transparently
> when opening them for anything other read-only mode?
Not aware of any ... and I'm not sure about the hit the whole
compression thing has on performance ...?

> BTW, what happens when you open a project in KDevelop5 that is also
> part of a KDevelop4 session? Does it get a new cache entry or will
> both KDevelop versions rewrite each other's cache?
I'd expect the different itemrepository version numbers will cause the
cache to be purged every time you do that, but I'm not sure.

Greetings,
Sven