kdevelop and Browser Application

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Dec 16 18:59:27 GMT 2016

On Friday, 16 December 2016 13:23:51 CET Brian DeRocher wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> I just upgraded Kdevelop on my Debian Sid machine.  Kdevelop crashes when
> opening my PHP project.  One message on the console is highlighted below.

Heya Brian,

which version of KDevelop is this?

Could you get us a backtrace of the crash? Isn't there a 'DrKonqi' dialog when
KDevelop crashes? The dialog can help you to get a backtrace.

Otherwise, please check:
  https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Debugging/
How_to_create_useful_crash_reports#Retrieving_a_backtrace_with_GDB

> "Generic Project Manager" ()
> "QMake Project Manager" ("*.pro")
> Ninja plugin installed but ninja is not installed.
> Could not load plugin "KDevNinjaBuilder" , it reported the error: ""
> Disabling the plugin now. Not loading plugin named "KDevNinjaBuilder"
> because it has been disabled! couldn't find type for id: "Browser
> Application" . Known types: ("Native Application", "PlasmoidLauncherType",
> "Script Application") KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = kdevelop path = /usr/bin pid = 21166
> KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/kdevelop
> KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/drkonqi from
> kdeinit sock_file=/run/user/1000/kdeinit5__0
>
> Do your recent changes in KDE/kdev-executebrowser fix this?  Are there
> instructions on compiling and installing this plugin?  I last did this a
> year ago.

If you just want to have that plugin in your KDevelop 5 version:
- Install the kdevplatform dev package from your distro

Then:

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-executebrowser.git
cd kdev-executebrowser
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .
make
sudo make install