kdev-qmake and calling make

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Sep 7 16:49:39 BST 2015

On Saturday, September 05, 2015 01:22:10 AM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Saturday September 05 2015 00:34:40 Kevin Funk wrote:
> > > Is there a way to control how make is called with QMake projects
> > > (imported
> > > via kdev-qmake)?
> >
> > Can you be more specific? What do you want control over?
>
> Things I often change in cmake projects:
> 1- the make executable
> 2- the extra arguments
> 3- the environment profile

Yes, I'd like to have that, too. The Windows version would benefit as well
(esp. because of (1)).

But in KF5 please -- see below.

> 1 plus (2 or 3) would suffice, but without means to pass in arguments I'd
> want to be able to set -k and the number of parallel jobs via a GUI.
>
> If nothing like this exists currently, I suppose I could look into copying
> over some stuff from the cmake plugin, and would appreciate pointers. (I'd
> start with the 4.14 branch though, for obvious reasons ;))

I think we'll only accept bug fixes in the 4.x series by now; for obvious
reasons :)

More seriously, the config pages architecture changed *completely* in KF5 (cf.
"ConfigPage" class in KF5), so you - or rather us - will have a hard time
forward-porting your changes. I'm not looking forward to do that.

> Cheers,
> René

Cheers,
Kevin