Kdevelop becomes very slow in debug mode

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Sep 1 20:39:46 BST 2015

On Freitag, 28. August 2015 02:44:20 CEST Mehdi Eftekhari wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Kdeveolp for debugging OOFEM code in Debian.Kdevelop becomes very slow
> in debug mode, and pressing F11 for stepping into takes at least 20 second
> from one line to another.Can someone tell me what is the problem?

Hey!

Could you please try to attach a profiler and grab some samples to figure out
where the time is spent? One simple approach, assuming you have debug symbols
installed, is the following:

perf record --call-graph dwarf --pid $(pidof kdevelop)
# wait a few seconds, do whatever is slow in kdevelop, then
Ctrl + C

this will create a perf.data file in the current working directory. That can
then be evaluated using perf report, which you could pipe into a file and then
zip and send to us:

perf report -g graph --no-children --stdio | bzip2 > report.bz2

Bye

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de