kDevelop 4.7.0 parsing WxWidgets projects

Steve the Fiddle stevethefiddle at gmail.com
Sun May 3 10:53:43 BST 2015

On 3 May 2015 at 09:11, Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, May 01, 2015 17:10:51 Steve the Fiddle wrote:
>> I am trying to use kDevelop 4.7.0 on Debian 8 to work on a large
>> project built with WxWidgets 2.8.12.
>> Because Debian Stable now uses WxWidgets 3.0, I have built WxWidgets
>> 2.8.12 from source, and then configured the project (Audacity 2.1.1
>> alpha) with:
>> ./configure --enable-debug
>> WX_CONFIG=/home/myusername/sourcecode/wxGTK-2.8.12/buildgtk/wx-config
>>
>> The project builds successfully.
>>
>> The problem is that it seems that kDevelop cannot find WxWidgets, so
>> it complains about all Wx functions saying "Declaration not found" and
>> prompting me to declare the function.
>>
>> How do I tell kDevelop where to find WxWidgets so that it can parse
>> the code correctly in the editor window?
>
> With your mouse, hover over the missing #include in the editor (missing
> includes are marked with a red underline).
>
> When doing this, you should be prompted with a tooltip offering a "Solve"
> button. Click this, and then add additional include paths via the dialog.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply, but the only options provided by "Solve" are:

"Declare ''void FunctionName()' as a member of
1 private
2 protected
3 public
0 Hide"

If I select any option other than "Hide", the function is declared in
the associated .h file.
That breaks the build because the functions are then declared but not defined.

Note that this is a large (well over 500,000 lines of code) C++
project that builds with gcc. It is not a viable solution to make vast
changes to the code just so that it works in kDevelop.

gcc knows where to find the WxWidgets functions because
"WX_CONFIG=path" is passed by .configure, but kDevelop can clearly not
see that.

I have read various solutions for earlier versions of kDevelop, but I
have not been able to find any way in kDevelop 4.7.0 to tell kDevelop
where to find external libraries. Surely there MUST be a way to do
this?

Steve