how do a truly fine tune the formatting styles?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 07:36:16 BST 2015

On Saturday, March 07, 2015 11:14:00 PM Michael George Hart wrote:
> How does one go beyond the standard set of options give in turning the
> formatting styles give in kdevelop configuration?

You can use uncrustify for that in combination with kdev_format_source.

In the source formatter select the following:
- Language: C++
- Formatter: Custom Script Formatter
  - kdevelop: kdev_format_source

There's a help label how to further fine-tune the formatting rules.
You'll need to create a few files in your source dir.

Works fine for me -- I'm using it in Icemon, too:
  https://github.com/icecc/icemon
  (see files starting with 'format' in the source tree)

Hope that helps