kdevelop idle CPU usage (4.7/1.7)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:57:35 GMT 2015

Hi,

I've created a kdev4 project for a directory tree containing a very large amount of subdirectories with Tcl files (around 22400), patch files and a certain number of python files. It is also an svn working copy (the .svn directory is around 27Mb).

%> cat macports-svn.kdev4
[Project]
Name=macports-svn-ports
Manager=KDevCustomMakeManager
VersionControl=svn

The auto-generated file in .kdev4/ :
%> cat .kdev4/macports-svn.kdev4
[Buildset]
BuildItems=@Variant(\x00\x00\x00\t\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00)

[Defines And Includes][Compiler]
Name=GCC
Path=gcc
Type=GCC

[Project]
VersionControlSupport=kdevsubversion

This takes *a certain time* to load, and even more to (re)parse, something I usually stop immediately because it is of no interest. So I hit "Stop All" as soon as the initial import is finished. The progress indicator then disappears as expected, but KDevelop continues to use about 20% CPU for as long as I've cared to monitor this.

What can be causing this? I thought I could blame the kdev-python plugin but deactivating that didn't reduce CPU usage.

R.