kdev-python: finding the required Python library version via CMake

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Wed Jun 24 21:28:17 BST 2015

Hey!

Unfortunately this situation _is_ kind of chaotic in practice.
All released Python 3 versions of kdev-python currently require Python
>= 3.4 but < 3.4.3 (where the < is strict). The current heads of the
branches require Python >= 3.4.3, but that it not released yet (for good
reasons, it does not really work yet).
The "Python 3.4 is required, I won't build with 3.5" is intentional as
well, since most likely compilation will fail with any future release of
Python which adds syntax, or at least it will fail at run-time.

If there is any better way to do this in CMake, I'm open for changing
it, but I didn't see how to do it.

Best regards,
Sven