Updating phpfunctions.php

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 22 21:38:34 BST 2015

Hey Heinz,

do you have any plans to update the phpfunctions.php? Maybe it's also time to
replace the existing code (create_functions.php) with something more modern,
which does not require one to download the php documentation.

I'm still not writing PHP code these days, so I have no real intention to
start working on this. But I recon /something/ happened in PHP land in the
last 5 years, and noone ever updated the phpfunctions file since then.

Maybe one of our users of the PHP plugin would be interested in refactoring
the code and/or supplying us with an updated version of the phpfunctions file?
That would be a nice and easy way to contribute, and only requires PHP
knowledge currently.

If anyone reads this and doesn't know what phpfunctions.php is: Take a look at
it here: https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/plugins/kdev-php/repository/revisions/master/entry/phpfunctions.php
This file is (historically) generated from a download of the PHP
documentation, which is then scrapped and assimilated to produce a file which
we can parse as PHP and then use for code completion and documentation for
built-in PHP functions, classes and defines.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de