INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS (was "OSX/CI: .* fails to build on branch .*")

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Tue Jan 6 21:10:54 GMT 2015

Hi Milian,

On 06 Jan 2015, at 21:57 , Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2015 21:43:03 Marko Käning wrote:
>> CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:178 (install):
>>  install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for shared library target
>>  "konsoleprivate".
>
> Again, please stop this spamming. Group the mails, they _all_ show the same
> error. And it's b/c INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS is empty on your machine, for
> some reason. Go figure out why before sending every compile error you
> encounter to all lists please.

I am sorry, it wasn’t my intention to send spam to any list!

As I had run my local OSX/CI system before Christmas w/o any of these messages for
more than half a year. This is why I hadn’t expected a change in its functionality
and simply reported my findings promptly to the appropriate lists (with one exception
pointed out by Albert).

I have here tons of frameworks and projects which do NOT show this peculiarity, although
they had to be rebuilt as well.

	OK, I’ll stop reporting for now and check whether there was some major change to
	build-kde-org’s production branch over Christmas, which I might have missed to merge.

Sorry again!

A Happy New Year to you,
Marko