importing a cmake project into KF5 kdevelop starts a cmake configure?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:17:50 GMT 2015

On Monday February 02 2015 17:02:16 Aleix Pol wrote:

Hi Aleix,

> > I've noticed that the current version of KF5 kdevelop attempts to configure projects when importing them. Under what conditions does this happen, and/or how to avoid it?

> > NB:  given how one cannot change the cmake "extra arguments" after the importation step

> Yes, you are correct. The cmake build directory selector needs work to
> address this by adding an extra arguments field, on the KF5 branch.
> It's on my TO-DO list, but if you're interested in helping, I'll be
> glad to know your ideas.

You're only referring to my 2nd point above, correct?
My ideas are rather simple on this: you could reuse a widget/dialog that is also used during the initial creation of a cmake project. I'm rather sure that that initial dialog which asks for the build directory already has all the required fields. But I'd isolate the install prefix, build type and additional arguments into something that can be reused in the cmake page of the project configuration dialog. You could add it to the Advanced tab, for instance. I'd love to be of more help, but that's just not going to be feasible for the time being.

So what about the automatic invocation of cmake to configure the project during the initial import? Is that intended behaviour, unwanted behaviour, or just something I "asked for" by doing something wrong?
I can see how it could be a (tiny bit of) time saver and thus intended behaviour, but in that case it shouldn't be hard to add a tickbox to the import dialog, or 2 Finish buttons (e.g. Finish and "Finish and configure").

R.