git commit message and global template

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:08:16 GMT 2015

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I've seen cases in which git commits made through KDevelop (4) included the KDE commit template in the commit message editor, but most of the time I don't see it appearing at all.

Is this a feature that was removed, or does it require having a specific file in the working copy rather than using the setting from ~/.gitconfig?

I'd like to add a line helping me to keep track from where I make commits, so it has to be done through a global mechanism.

Thanks,
René