kdevelop-upload plugin

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Aug 19 14:52:49 BST 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Werner Joss
<werner at hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. August 2015, 13:56:35 schrieb Aleix Pol:
>> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:26 AM, George L. Emigh <glemigh at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> > Since I switched to KF5 and friends I have installed Kdevelop from master
>> > (Gentoo 9999 packages).
>> > I went looking for the kdevelop upload plugin thinking it might be in
>> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins but it seems
>> > to be missing.
>> > I used it all the time in Kdevelop 4, and I'd really like to continue to
>> > have it available if possible.
>> > The upload plugin does not seem to be part of Kdevelop so has it been
>> > abandoned or is it hiding in another location?
>>
>> I'm guessing it just hasn't been ported.
>> Maybe you'd like to help porting and maintaining it, so we can move it
>> to kdevplatform?
>
> I'm pretty sure kdev-upload has been more or less abandoned, as well as kdev-
> xdebug (both written by niko sams).
> while kdev-upload can still be built and runs with the latest kde4 version of
> kdevelop, kdev-xdebug does not: it crashes kdevelop direct upon start.
> @Aleix: do you think porting such a plugin would be possible with just
> rudimentary C++/KF5/cmake know-how ?

Yes, especially using the porting notes [1] and being able to compare
to other kdevelop plugins, such as kdev-clang [2] for the
KDevelop-specific stuff.

Aleix

[1] https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes
[2] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdev-clang.git