Is this a Bug? Source Formatter=>Formatting Style seems to be session

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:57:03 BST 2015

On Friday April 17 2015 11:01:05 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> sense, as you note, to be able to reuse styles globally. However, styles
> should be *applied* per-*project*. In particular, if I open project A in
> session B and configure its style, then open the same project A in
> session C, it should use the style I configured in B. Doing anything
> else is silly :-). (It's the same code; I'm most likely not going to use
> a different code style depending on what other projects I have open.)

True.

But then you can take it a step further, and make a case to allow per-file (or at least per-directory) style settings:

- a project can include 3rd party software that uses a completely different code style
- projects often have source code in other languages that can also each have their own coding style (and yet live in the same parent directory).

R.