qmake project template?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:33:05 BST 2015

On Thursday April 16 2015 16:57:41 Milian Wolff wrote:

> This is contradictory. Either you want to create a new project and need a
> template or you want to import an existing .pro file. So - which one is it?

Sorry yes, I realised that halfway through my email.
What I'm looking for is a way to import a project that uses qmake for configure.

> Now where does CMake come in when you want QMake? Have you tried kdev-qmake?

Evidently I wasn't aware of kdev-qmake (or under the impression it was abandonware because the name does ring a bell).
Cmake comes (came) in because there's an importer for it, and it can call qmake to do its actual work.

I'll have a look at kdev-cmake, thanks.