Is this a Bug? Source Formatter=>Formatting Style seems to be session

Michael George Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:51:39 BST 2015

I think that one of the reason why that particular bug has gone on for so
long is not until recently have I had the need for a dozen or more session
.... and usually the default is OK for light mult-session usage
 .... Now I am making heavy usage of multiple session I want a consistent
across all session

I guess I will file a bug report if no one has not already done so

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 8:39 AM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday April 16 2015 14:14:07 Milian Wolff wrote:
>
> >> I recently noticed that all my formatting styles only existed in the
> >> Sessions they were created in.
> >> Is that normal?
> >>
> >> I would like to know, is there a way to get formatting styles I prefer
> >> exist in all Sessions without having to manually recreating them for
> every
> >> (new) session I happen to create...
> >
> >That definitely sounds like a bug, did you report something on
> bugs.kde.org
> >already?
>
> It's one of the things I discovered very early in using KDevelop, I'm a
> bit surprised that it's not a known bug (or known design limitation).
> Then again, I presume that the KDevelop devs have the benefit of knowing
> exactly how to add a default style if they need something different :)
>
> Jokes apart, it should probably be possible to have both session-specific
> styles and personalised "global" styles. An export feature (and a personal
> style/template directory) sounds like the way to go.

*"...Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we
fight with when all is lost..."*