why does KDevelop auto-close deleted files?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Sep 26 23:32:14 BST 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Matthew Woehlke <
mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> So I'm working on a project, and realize I need to do some git branch
> maintenance. I switch branches, do some stuff, switch back... and half
> of the files I had open in KDevelop are gone.
>
> Automatic reloading is bad enough (it drops the undo buffer, which is a
> form of data loss), but this really is a bit much. Can this be turned
> off or reverted? (Or is this a katepart issue?)

This is done in KDevelop side. I would be open to adding a setting for this.

That said, I think that it could make sense to actually fix the issue that
the undo stack is lost when a file is saved. An approximation to this
shouldn't be too hard and it would be immensely awesome (also it's done by
other editors).

Aleix