Plaintext format for custom include paths

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Sep 19 14:04:27 BST 2014

On Friday 19 September 2014 16:47:10 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Piotr Dziwinski <piotrdz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a question regarding the new mechanism for specifying custom
> > include
> > paths in KDevelop 4.7. I see that the new plugin
> > "custom-definesandincludes" has changed the previous mechanism of listing
> > include paths in
> > ".kdev_include_paths" files to settings kept in project's settings file.
> >
> > This is unfortunate for me since I use a set of scripts for automatically
> > managing the ".kdev_include_paths" file for a large project. The new
> > settings file is saved using QDataStream and not in simple plaintext as
> > before and I cannot easily read or write to it using bash scripts anymore.
>
> I hope, project files are still in plain text? I generate project
> files from m4 macros. Does binary format do any good here? I think
> it's inconvenient. The whole difference between Windows-style (binary
> registry) and Unix-style (a bunch of plain text files) means a lot to
> me.

What kind of data do you write to the project files? They are still .ini
format, just some parts like the include paths are using QIODevice. Note that
this was always the case when you used the "custom build script" project
manager. Reading the emails here, I'd say we should make this plain text for
KDevelop 5.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff