OSX/CI: kdev-qmljs fails to build on branch frameworks

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Sep 14 22:12:24 BST 2014

On Sunday 14 September 2014 10:30:14 Marko Käning wrote:
> Hi Milian,

Hey Marko!

> as I have these two plugins - at times - in a stable state on OSX/CI I
> wanted to ask you whether it makes sense to bring them to KDE’s Jenkins
> master already:
>
>  - kdevelop-pg-qt
>  - kdev-php
>
> If you think they’re not yet fit for it I have two options:
>
>  1) Stop sending my OSX/CI build failures until you decided to
>     bring the plugins to the Jenkins master.
>
>  2) Send my build failures anyway to this list.
>
> I want to optimise my workflows and save time where possible these days,
> as I am approaching the setup of a true OSX/CI/Jenkins slave.
>
> What do you suggest?

Imo, we should first aim towards making it all work on Linux. That is still
not the case, so you spending time on OS X when you have limited resources is
probably a waste at this point in time. I'd say either you keep an eye on the
KDevelop BKO page for Linux and once it stabilizes you try OS X again. Or you
just ignore us for some time and we'll ask you to try it all out once we are
more confident with it.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff