How to quickly copy current filename?

Gregor Mi codestruct at posteo.org
Fri Nov 28 11:34:58 GMT 2014

On 28/11/14 12:07, Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2014 14:02:08 Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>>>
>>> In the project tree view:
>>> - Right click in the file, select 'Copy'
>>
>> It's not so quick. It requires a lot of things:
>>
>> 1. switch to Projects
>> 2. Locate current file
>> 3. Copy
>> 4. switch back to where you were
>>
>>> Patches welcome for adding the context menu entry!
>>
>> Thanks! I will post a feature request for the best times when I will have
>> time.
>
> There is a shortcut that you can use to locate the current file in the project
> toolview. I have it defined to "CTRL + <". Do we really need to clutter our
> context menu more, esp. with _four_ actions? I don't think so. How often do

As I understand there would be only _one_ new entry, wouldn't it?

In MS Visual Studio there are two entries in the file's _tab_ context menu:
- Copy full path
- Open containing folder

I find both quite descriptive and I use them from time to time. So +1 for having them in
kdevelop also. Being in the tab's context menu they do not clutter the main editor's
context menu. So maybe this could be best implemented in the katepart?

Gregor