gdb start variation

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:09:55 GMT 2014

On Wednesday November 12 2014 18:46:21 Aleix Pol wrote:

> Also you can look at our code (provided you want to do it from kdevelop,
> which I assume).

I assumed so too, because the question just wouldn't make sense in a commandline context :)

If we're talking about gdb's init file, .gdbinit, the answer is no.  You'd have to rewrite it if you want to pass arguments to gdb that way (and I think that would only make sense for gdb *commands*, not startup arguments).

That said, KDevelop does give a rather nice amount of control over how the debugger is started. You can specify the executable (possibly with arguments), and also a script (*with* arguments) that then also receives the selected debugger executable plus its argument.
I suppose that script could put up any kind of UI to set any option you want, if you don't want to have to use KDevelop's launch configuration to change something each time you start debugging.

R.