Sticky toolviews

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 2 10:07:27 BST 2014

On Monday 02 June 2014 01:16:58 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> >  On Friday 30 May 2014 19:06:20 Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > It used to show different toolviews at the same time when pressing
> >
> > control,
> >
> > > but I can't do that anymore... so I guess not. :/
> >
> > That's odd - it should work. Hm I wonder what broke this. I doubt it was
> > intentionally disabled, no?
> >

> > Bye
>
> I don't remember, adding dymo on CC because he might remember. Maybe it
> prevented something else from working?
>
> I've been grep'ing for CTRL/ALT/SHIFT uses and I couldn't find it.

Git log showed me this:

commit 275345c1fe64b8262259f236f78a0cdf17ed053c
Author: Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>
Date:   Thu Apr 4 16:37:00 2013 +0200

    Simplify grouping behavior regarding the control key modifier

    Only check if control is pressed when showing the dock using the button,
    otherwise it leads to weird behaviors. (see bug)

    BUG: 296475

That at least gives us a hint at where the code is and how it tests it all
(via. Qt::ControlModifier). So someone should investigate and debug this, to
find out why and when it stopped working :)

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de