Debugger error

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Sun Jul 6 15:33:32 BST 2014

On Tuesday 01 July 2014 12:04:40 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2014 10:57:53 Leon Pollak wrote:
> > Hello, all.
> > I have the reference called "Reply" in my code, which produces errors in
> > kdevelop and is printed perfectly in gdb. The picture at
> > ftp://www.plris.com/pub/snapshot1.jpeg
> > shows three main issues:
> > 1. When asked to present the variable in "Variables" tab, it is first
> > displayed with '>', but after I press '>' it disappears and I see nothing.
> > 2. When in the GDB tab I print "p/x Reply" I receive the error message (on
> > the screenshot), telling "Gdb command sent when debugger is not running
> > The command was: p/x Reply". BUT!:
> > 3. Pressing OK gives me the desired variable without a problem (see
> > screenshot).
> > Any comments or fill the bug?
> Please file a bug but include some small test .cpp code example which we can
> use to reproduce the problem.
> I hope a simple struct mimicking your Reply object in a main.cpp should be
> enough.
Sorry for the delay.
Milian, please, excuse me, but I am still not sure that this is a bug and not
my issue:
I found that typing ANY command in the gdb tab causes the same reaction as I
described.
I supposed that this is because my gdb is 7.2 version for cross debugging
(PC->ARM) and updated the gdb to version 7.7.50 - even worse, I can't enter
the debugger session. The error message is "GDB has crashed" (obviously the
plane gdb runs OK).

So, this leads me to the conclusion that kdevelop does not like the cross
debugger. May this be true? Can you send manually commands to the gdb via its
tab?

Thanks a lot ahead
--
Leon