Missing features

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:38:20 BST 2014

On Thursday 03 July 2014 15:44:15 Milian Wolff wrote:
> I never use the file system toolview, so probably you have a highly
> different  workflow from most of us.
What Milian said still holds for the filesystem toolview. To find a file, use
"quickopen file". That is superior in every aspect I can think of to a filter
bar in the file view.

Regarding compiler output: Yes, performance is a concern, and also everyone
feels bad about reimplementing half a terminal emulator in KDevelop (e.g. ANSI
escape sequences). Extending the konsole API and embedding konsole seems like
the right way to me as well. It would solve other problems too, e.g. the
missing feature to send standard input to running applications and similar
things.

Greetings,
Sven