Remote Debugging, does not stop on breakpoints

Throstur Jonsson tj at rational-network.com
Wed Jan 8 15:55:05 GMT 2014

Hi,
I'm using the newest version of KDevelop 4.6. on Linux Mint. Everything
seems to be working fine and I can easily debug on the local system.
However I need to do remote debugging against a ARM-Linux based platform
(yes I do cross compiling and it works fine).
Somewhere on the web I found that I should create a script file
prepare-target.gdb like this:

#set remotebreak 1
set $connected=0
shell sleep 5
target remote 192.168.59.136:2345
set $connected=1
continue # optional...

I link that file into the KDevelop "Lunch Configuration" such:

MyTestDebug
    mytestdebug
        Debug
             Remote Debug
                 Config gdb script:
/home/throstur/projects/prepare-target.gdb

I start the gdbserver on the ARM platform such:
    gdbserver :2345 ./mytestdebug
that responds: "Listening on port 2345"

I put some brakepoints in main.c and select "Debug" for the project. It
starts running on the remote host, but does not stop on the brakepoint.
Any clue what that could be or how to enable the breakpoints on the
remote host?

TJ