Unable to load plugins

Martin Fuhrer mfuhrer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 23:27:47 GMT 2014

Thanks Werner, that did the trick. Same story for the perforce plugin; even
though the version in kdevperforce.plugin is older (12), the plugin won't
load until I set it to 13.

A few more tips for any users deploying these plugins:

== perforce ==

Once I got the plugin to load, I still didn't see any Perforce item in my
contextual menus. Turns out you need to place a P4CONFIG
file<http://www.perforce.com/perforce/r12.1/manuals/cmdref/env.P4CONFIG.html>titled
p4config.txt in one of the parent folders of your source files;
right-clicking on the source files will then present a Perforce submenu.

== cppcheck ==

Running cmake (on debian wheezy with kdevelop 4.3.1) presents the error
  Could NOT find KDevPlatform (missing: KDevPlatform_CONFIG) (Required is
at least version "1.5.0")
Just edit CMakeLists.txt and change KDevPlatform to 1.3.0 as follows:
  find_package(KDevPlatform 1.3.0 REQUIRED)
The plugin will then build with no problems.