a new patchreview/reviewboard issue on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:05:51 GMT 2014

Hello,

I've been trying to fix an issue on OS X where KDevelop would crash after closing the patchreview toolview (or git commit tool), undoubtedly related to a form of nested event loop handling where an already queued UI event (a mouse event to be precise) gets served to an object that is already delete'd (= too early). I've updated a standing RR (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120420/) with a new attempt because I think I found other objects that should be released through deleteLater() rather than being deleted immediately.
I am now experiencing another issue; I don't know whether it's related to these proposed changes or to something else (like going from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.9.5). Basically it obliges me to quit KDevelop after submitting a patch for review, which is already better than having it crash, but hardly any less far from ideal otherwise.

After submitting a patch to ReviewBoard, most of the time KDevelop enters what I can only describe as an "in-between" state. The actions in the Mac's global menubar remain functional, but when I try to open a context menu by right-clicking on an entry in the project toolview, a kind of UI freeze occurs. Again, the global menu items remain functional, and allow me to quit KDevelop (which is about the only sensible thing to do at this point).
Attaching a debugger and going over backtraces obtained after trying too hard to get back into a working state it would seem that the right-click context menu did and remains open but simply never got rendered. (In fact, there's a brief flicker, and a visual indication in the project tree where I right-clicked.) Hitting escape is no help, though.

This only happens after submitting a patch for review successfully.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
René