[poll] who uses KDevelop's upload-to-ReviewBoard feature?

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:27:41 GMT 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to do a quick & informal survey of how many of us are using the upload-to-ReviewBoard feature of KDevelop's patchreview plugin (e.g. Git/Show Differences/Export/ReviewBoard...).

I have only just discovered that there's an "rbt" command-line tool,
so that's a No from me ;)

By the way: I am in general not too happy with kdevelop's patch
review, and specifically the Git interaction:

1. It's unnecessarily difficult/confusing to look at a diff between
specific revisions, and even impossible if the revisions are not in
the same branch.
2. Editing a file while inside the patch review is cumbersome (I
reflexively Ctrl+S every couple of seconds, and that causes the patch
review to reload completely and all views to close).
3. There doesn't seem to be a proper understanding of the Git staging
area (I realize that that's not specific to patch reviews).

Those are tough problems to solve, both in terms of implementation and
in terms of UI design.

Cheers,
Nicolai
--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.