Sharing kdevelop preferences via git

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 9 18:07:47 GMT 2014

On 2014-12-09 02:35, Raymond Wan wrote:
> I was playing with [modelines] today and it seems if I change the tab width (or
> anything else), the change is successful, but within the GUI, the value
> isn't updated.  Is this expected behavior?

If by "the GUI" you mean what you see in Configure Editor, these are
global defaults. Modelines, filetypes, etc. override the global
defaults. I'm not aware of a way to see what values are actually in
effect except indirectly (e.g. if pressing 'tab' adds two spaces, one
might surmise that indent-width is 2).

> Also, tab-width seems to work, but something like this:
>
> current-line-color #ff0000;
>
> does not.  (Yes, red is an annoying colour, but I am just playing with
> it; I'm not sure if I will really keep it red.)

Indent settings and even HL are "objective" properties of a file. Color
schemes are not. Mode lines AFAIK don't cover color scheme customization
(nor IMHO should they).

--
Matthew