Sharing kdevelop preferences via git

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:25:52 GMT 2014

Hey Ray,

I've been using Kate modelines for the purposes you mention (a line
like // kate: space-indent off; at the end of the file). I agree that
it would be interesting to know if there is a way to have such
settings directory-wide.

Cheers,
Nicolai

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Raymond Wan <rwan.work at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess this is a mix git + kdevelop question.  But, I think between the
> two, this question is perhaps more relevant to kdevelop (correct me if I am
> wrong!).
>
> I am working on a software project with other collaborators and we seem to
> all be using kdevelop (so far).  In the hopes of trying to standardize
> tabbing, spacing, etc. we are wondering if it is possible to combine all of
> the source code into a project (file) which is then added to the git
> repository that we are using.  Then, anyone of us can open up the project
> file and the files all open up and everything is set for us.
>
> I am trying to set this up, but with little success so far.  The project
> file seems to be the .kdev4 files.  Each has only two lines:
>
> Manager=
> Name=
>
> My personal settings, though, are stored outside of the git repository off
> my home directory.
>
> This makes sense to me since this is the usual case.  If I am on another
> project, I want my preferences to carry over to it.  So...is sharing
> kdevelop preferences via git impossible?
>
> As a related aside, does anyone have any suggested reading on how to set up
> a Project.  Or, alternatively, what can go into the .kdev4 files?  I feel
> like I'm not using the notion of "Projects" to its full potential...
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ray

Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.